Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Data Replication

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:05 PM, David Wall <d.wall@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We've done warm standby as you indicate, and we've not needed anything
> special.

Thanks for sharing your configuation. I have one additional question thought...

How do you handle the reverting?  For example.

Say I have a primary database which is located at my main data center.

I am log shipping to a secondary data center.

My primary database server goes down.

Presume I have some scripts or something which detects this and
switches to the secondary.

What happens when I bring the primary back on line. I now want this to
be primary again and catch up on all the transactions that were sent
to the secondary. I want the secondary to resume it's backup status.

Is there a product which enables this kind of functionality?