Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Virtualization VMWare ESX and Win2k3 as a Guest OS

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 12:00 PM, imageguy <imageguy1206@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions for running PG2.9 on win2k3 running
> as a guest on VMware ESX ?

Have you tried to duplicate it w a native install of w2k3?

> Currently the system is shutting down and transactions are terminating
> with the messages indicating there is not available disk space, when
> in fact there is plenty of disk space available.

Are you sure you're measuring the same disk space that vmware hosted
w2k3 is measuring?

> Google tells me "don't do it",  but other than adjusting fsync, is
> their any other suggestions.

fsync has no affect on disk space usage really.

> Unfortunately, installing *nix as the host is not an option.

Hmmm.  Sounds like a religious statement.  Is there an actual reason
for no unix?