Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgres mail list traffic over time

Tom Lane wrote:
"Joshua D. Drake" <jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Its because we eliminated the -patches mailing list.

Yeah, I think this is most probably explained by repeat postings
of successive versions of large patches.  Still, Ron might be on to
something.  I had not considered message lengths in my previous
numbers ...

Message size, but also the sophistication of new patches makes them harder to keep up with and that there are more people writing code which takes time to review and keep up with. These probably explain why you and Bruce feel the increase more than the rest of us.