Search Postgresql Archives

regexp_replace - replace non-numbers

Hello everyone,

I have problem with regexp_replace ( PostgreSQL 8.3.1). Please try this crappy string replacement:

select regexp_replace('abcd1235hgj!@#$^&^&*()[]-=', '[^0-9]*' ,'')

..and I get:
"1235hgj!@#$^&^&*()[]-="

So only thirst assurance where removed, while documentation states that "Replace substring_(s)_ matching a POSIX regular expression. ". I need to get digits-only from any string. No sign or decimal point is needed.

I believe it's problem with my regular expression, as I am not very good at it, thought it looks quite OK in Regex Coatch.

...or maybe there are way for 'no-errorous-blocking' casting? I could easily skip strings witch could not be CAST'ed to bigint, but as long as I get error and aborted transaction, I'm trying this approach.

Thanks for comments!

--

Geros dienos,

Vincas Dargis