Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Oracle and Postgresql

On Sep 15, 2008, at 1:15 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
I wasn't kidding up there.  Setting view permissions on plpgsql (or
any pl code really) would be understandable.  If you're not a super
user or the owner, you need permission to see it.

Ah, sorry, I parsed that as needing permission to see the code of the Pl/pgSQL interpreter.

But whether it's oracle or postgresql, this is just security through
obscurity. If you have root access on the server either method would
be trivial to hack.

Oh, sure. (Same is true of Oracle, of course.) I wouldn't use it myself, but if this is a feature-checkbox item, that's how you'd need to go about doing it.