Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Oracle and Postgresql

On Sep 15, 2008, at 12:56 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
I could totally get behind needing permission to see the plpgsql code.

:)

More seriously, this is the issue with code-encryption on an open source platform: Where do you keep the key? From my (admittedly brief) research, it appears that Oracle bakes it into the server binary, which isn't going to work for PG. It sounds like a separate, binary-only plug-in that takes the encrypted procedure, decrypts it, and passes it on to PL/pgSQL for execution is the best bet, if this is really a critical feature for someone.