Search Postgresql Archives

Re: "Stuck" query

Erik Jones wrote:

On Sep 10, 2008, at 5:57 AM, Tommy Gildseth wrote:

Tom Lane wrote:
Tommy Gildseth <tommy.gildseth@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Richard Huxton wrote:

For what it's worth, I've run into a situation similar to this with a client a couple time in the last week or two (I can't say identical as I don't know all of the details about the client end of your connection). Using the client port # you can use lsof in addition to netstat (lsof -i tcp:49004) to track down the client process. In our case, the client process was a connection made via an ssh tunnel and was sitting in FIN_WAIT2 status. Killing the client process individually made everything go away nicely without any kind of extra downtime necessary.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind if/when it happens again.

--
Tommy Gildseth