Search Postgresql Archives

Re: \copy, transactions and permissions

On Aug 13, 2008, at 4:25 PM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
I need to write an import function with enough isolation from apache
daemon.
Code has no input other than cvs files and a signal about when to
start the import.
The sql code that will be executed will be static.
I may end up writing a mini-daemon that just start a SQL script or
just pool from cron and feed psql.

If anyone has a better (lazier, cleaner) approach it will be very
welcome.

Lazier would be using JasperETL or any other ETL tool

Ries

copy from file need superuser right. I'd like to avoid it.
copy from stdin looks just as a burden on me as a programmer.
\copy seems to be what I'm looking for.

Can I use \copy inside a transaction and is it going to be rolled
back if something goes wrong?

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo