Search Postgresql Archives

\copy, transactions and permissions

I need to write an import function with enough isolation from apache
daemon.
Code has no input other than cvs files and a signal about when to
start the import.
The sql code that will be executed will be static.
I may end up writing a mini-daemon that just start a SQL script or
just pool from cron and feed psql.

If anyone has a better (lazier, cleaner) approach it will be very
welcome.

copy from file need superuser right. I'd like to avoid it.
copy from stdin looks just as a burden on me as a programmer.
\copy seems to be what I'm looking for.

Can I use \copy inside a transaction and is it going to be rolled
back if something goes wrong?

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo