Search Postgresql Archives

Re: recovery via base + WAL replay failure

Finally figured out what was wrong. The data folder had incorrect permissions after unzipping the base backup. For me, the solution was unchecking the "Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects" option in the Advanced Security Settings dialog for the data folder & giving the postgres user full control.

Nothing appeared in the log when the database failed to startup b/c the permissions were wrong. However, an application error did get reported to Windows which I found using the Event Viewer.

--Rob