Search Postgresql Archives

Re: recovery via base + WAL replay failure

I found error log entries in the Windows Event Viewer:

2008-08-01 23:57:55 GMT FATAL: could not remove old lock file "postmaster.pid": Permission denied

2008-08-01 23:57:55 GMT HINT: The file seems accidentally left over, but it could not be removed. Please remove the file by hand and try again.

However, there is no postmaster.pid file in the data directory. (I can't find one anywhere else, either.)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--Rob Adams

Lennin Caro wrote: