Search Postgresql Archives

Re: 10.5 OS X ppc64 problem

David Brown wrote:
I'm trying to install the ppc64 bit version on my server, It
completes, but when I try to build PHP with postgre support, it
complains about a set of libraries in the postgresql install and it
dumps this:

I am configuring with these settings. CFLAGS="-arch ppc -arch ppc64
-g -Os  -pipe -no-cpp-precomp" CCFLAGS="-arch ppc -arch ppc64 -g -Os
-pipe" CXXFLAGS="-arch ppc -arch ppc64 -g -Os  -pipe" LDFLAGS="-arch
ppc -arch ppc64 -bind_at_load"

All I see are issues with the ppc64 build, and the binaries are all
crap.  One universal binary had ppc, i386, x86_64, but no ppc64.
Since everything in 10.5 is 64 bit, php will not compile with 32 bit
postgre libraries (unless I missed something).

sh-3.2# file libpq.dylib
> libpq.dylib: Mach-O dynamically linked shared library ppc

Can anyone offer any advice?

There has been some talk about getting postgres to build as a universal
binary. The current makefiles don't support the option but a couple of
people have come up with work arounds. I do believe that there are plans to add this to future releases.

An informative post would be -
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-02/msg00200.php

--

Shane Ambler