Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Need Help Recovering from Botched Upgrade Attempt

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Adrian Klaver wrote:

Define nothing. When you ran initdb there where no messages? Also when in
doubt I use the full path /var/lib/pgsql/bin/initdb as you have an old
version of initdb present in the old version directory you copied. When
you have two versions present at the same time it is easy to get cross
reference problems.

Adrian,

  No messages, other than that us_EN was not an encoding found in the
locale.

  Re-running initdb specifying UTF8 worked. I've no idea if this affects the
existing databases.

Thanks,

Rich