Search Postgresql Archives

psql \e command

Hi,

I have two feature proposals for psql:

1. After executing some set of commands from a file via "\e foo.sql",
   pressing C-p or Up brings executed commands, instead of
   "\e foo.sql". Shouldn't psql be bringing "\e foo.sql"?

2. It would be really neat to be able to issue

     \et  regex  - Edit table. (Create script of table will get dumped.)
     \et+ regex  - Edit table with dependents. (With create script of
                   INDEXes, triggers, etc.)
     \ef  regex  - Edit function.

   Because, I generally end up entering to a manual copy-paste cycle
   when I want to modify an existing function.

What do others think about these features? (Actually, I generally run my
psql instances within emacs, and that makes no need for any \e
combination. But that is not the case everytime I query a PostgreSQL
database server.)

Regards.