Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Proper Installation of Postgres and Postgis on 10.5 Intel

Stefan Schwarzer wrote:
I tried now for weeks to get postgres & postgis going on my machine, in vain... Lots of frustration has been built up, lots of energy went into it... But nothing goes... I mean, postgres is running, postgis is installed, but it constantly craches, doesn't accept shp2pgsql imports etc...

What error messages have you got?

What ./configure options did you use?

What crashes - the client process running the command? or the whole postgres server?

Do you have any core dumps? Or crash logs?

Does shp2pgsql give any messages? Have you looked in console.log?

Is the shp file known to import ok on other installations?

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz