Search Postgresql Archives

Proper Installation of Postgres and Postgis on 10.5 Intel

I tried now for weeks to get postgres & postgis going on my machine, in vain... Lots of frustration has been built up, lots of energy went into it... But nothing goes... I mean, postgres is running, postgis is installed, but it constantly craches, doesn't accept shp2pgsql imports etc...

So, can anybody give me installation instructions on how to install postgres & postgis on Leopard (with a MacPro)? Either by hand- compiling or with MacPorts? Or some other stuff? Strange enough, even the kyngchaos libs didn't work, even after having completely re- installed my machine...

Thanks thousand times for any such advice!

Stef