Search Postgresql Archives

Re: partitioning using dblink

> Exactly, because inheritance/constraint exclusion wont work with views.

Ok, so there should be something written in the docs about it...

"the information about a view in the     PostgreSQL
system catalogs is exactly the same as it is for a table. So for the
parser, there is absolutely no difference between a table and a view"

I got that there should be no difference... plus, I don't get any errors, it's only that data in the view doesn't show up when I query the master table.

> >  2) Why am I supposed to use unions in the view?
>
> So that query evaluator can exclude unnecessary partitions.

Ok: that would be another way of having partitions, right?

> >  3) I know that I am doing select * from tbl in the remote db; that is
> something I can work on later.
> >  At least I would like to see it working, since there is nothing in the docs
> that says it shouldn't be working...
> >  4) I am not able to rewrite my queries.
>
> Have fun then.

Yeah I know...

Thank you

L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail:
http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend