Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Disable Triggers

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Terry Lee Tucker <terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greetings:
>
>  We have been working diligently toward integrating Slony into our production
>  databases. We've been having trouble with various tables, although being
>  replicated perfectly in the initial replication stage, afterwards, getting
>  out of sync.
>
>  I have finally figured out what the problem is. We have a Perl process that
>  continually updates certain columns across all databases. That Perl process
>  calls a function we have written called disable_triggers which updates
>  pg_class, setting reltriggers to 0 for the given table, and then later, after
>  the work is complete, resetting reltriggers to the original value.
>  Unfortunately, during this process, the Slony trigger is disabled as well
>  which is causing our problem.

Disabling all triggers is not something you do on a live, running
database with users accessing and possibly changing it, it's something
you do to a database during maintenance when no one else is connected.
 You'll have to go with the solution you talked about, i.e. disabling
individual triggers by name, etc...

       match