Search Postgresql Archives

Re: 8.3: where's the replacement tsearch2 module?

> > My database uses tsearch2.  I was about to follow the conversions
> > instructions found at Appendix F31 (on the new tsearch module).
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/tsearch2.html
> The docs will need to be updated because tsearch2 is now in the core and
> should already be available, it's not an external module any more.

Appendix F31 (which I quoted previously) indeed acknowledges that fact
(that tsearch2 is in the core).  The instructions I focused on explain
how to "convert" an 8.2 database already using tsearch2, without going
through the trouble of renaming the tsearch2 functions.  Therefore, I
think the docs are fine.  The problem is the missing tsearch2.sql
script...

>You'd have to edit it to replace MODULE_PATHNAME with the right thing.
>A bigger problem is that the tsearch2 dll is probably omitted too :-(

Indeed, I cannot find tsearch2.dll anywhere...

       match