Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Question for Postgres 8.3

If you want to support multiple encodings, the only safe locale choice
is (and always has been) C.  If you doubt this, troll the archives for
awhile --- for example, searching for locale+encoding in pgsql-bugs
should provide plenty of amusing reading matter.
This is most interesting. I think some of use UTF-8 under the impression that it would support unicode/java (and thus US-ascii) easily, and of course then allow for foreign language encodings when we need to internationalize. Thank goodness we only plan to I18N for a decade and never got around to it!

David