Search Postgresql Archives

autovacuum vs. createdb

I'm noticing a problem where autovacuum touching template1 when createdb is run is making createdb fail. That's easy to work around when doing things by hand (just run it again), but when running createdb with a script, it's not so clear to me how to keep things working all the time.

One thought I had was having my script insert rows into pg_autovacuum temporarily (I assume in template1) but I'm not sure what tables I need to tell the autovacuum daemon to keep away from. Is that a reasonable idea, or is there a better one?

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend