Search Postgresql Archives

Re: installation on Mac OS X 10.5.1

At 7:08 PM +0000 12/22/07, Dave Page wrote:
 > ------- Original Message -------
 From: Chuck <chuckr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 To: Dave Page <dpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: 22/12/07, 18:51:09
 Subject: Re:  installation on Mac OS X 10.5.1

 Thanks. If I take this approach will it be straightforward to upgrade
 from one beta to the next (assuming that there will be more betas)
 then to upgrade to the release version? Will I be able to use the
 EnterpriseDB Postgres installer for the release version?

Yes, the installer supports minor version upgrades. The only exception would be if an initdb forced again before release (as happened between beta3 & beta4), but the community try not to do that this close to release. If it does though, a dump/reload would be required.

okay, that seems fine.

Do remember that it's currently a beta, and until that changes (which should be early next year) shouldn't be considered as ready for production use.

Yes, thanks for the reminder. I'm using this as a private in-house database for about 5 people. If there's a very serious bug in 8.3, I'm assuming the I could uninstall 8.3 then install 8.2.5 (assuming that I'm not using any 8.3 features).

Thanks again,
Chuck