Search Postgresql Archives

Re: installation on Mac OS X 10.5.1

Yes, the installer supports minor version upgrades. The only exception would be if an initdb forced again before release (as happened between beta3 & beta4), but the community try not to do that this close to release. If it does though, a dump/reload would be required.

Do remember that it's currently a beta, and until that changes (which should be early next year) shouldn't be considered as ready for production use.

Regards, Dave

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster