Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Coordinating database user accounts with active directory

Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
On 21/11/2007 19:44, Marc Munro wrote:
Is there a simple way of coordinating active directory users with database accounts? I am happy to write tools to deal with the database end of things, but have no experience with active directory. Any and

You could use a VBScript script on the domain server to dump a comma-delimited list of users, then use this to generate CREATE USER statements to create the database users.

The tricky bit (I'd guess) is to trigger a script when a new user is created on the Windows side of things. There seem to be people authenticating via Windows otherwise.

I don't know of a hook on Windows that fires on the user-creation event. Would a cron-job + samba tools do, or does it need to be up + running the same instant as the Windows-user?

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq