Search Postgresql Archives

Coordinating database user accounts with active directory

I have a client that wants to use active directory for authentication of connections to a postgres database. They want to be able to monitor what each user is doing so believe that the best solution is to have one database account per user. However, they do not want to have to manage the database accounts.

Is there a simple way of coordinating active directory users with database accounts? I am happy to write tools to deal with the database end of things, but have no experience with active directory. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

__
Marc