Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL is not behaving consistently across platforms

Bruno Lavoie wrote:
Hello guys,

Posted this msg on general & hackers list to get most accurate responses as possible...

I plan to use PG with an OpenCRX project... but I read that there's some probs with PG and strings comparisons.... Is it true?
Look at: http://www.opencrx.org/opencrx/1.11/pg.htm

Nothing to add to Tom's response, but it does strike me as odd that they have a handbook in German and a localisation guide for their application but don't know about different sort orders in different locales.

Might be worth asking on their support lists/groups about what the underlying system understands about locales and sorting.

Oh, and if you could let them know about PG's locale handling at the same time that would be helpful indeed.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend