Search Postgresql Archives

Re: psql Segmentation fault

Tom Lane wrote:
Robert Landrum <rlandrum@xxxxxxx> writes:
Since we converted to PG8, we've been experiencing segfaults when the psql client exits.

Hmm.  We have heard that reported on OS X because of a bug in Apple's
version of libedit, but not on any flavor of Linux.  Your tests seem
to eliminate libreadline as the cause anyway.  Might be a corrupt
copy of libpq --- have you tried reinstalling that?

Actually, our build host contained some old readline libs, which ended up being statically linked into one of the libs.

The fix was to remove all the dependencies from our build host, reinstall those dependencies, and then build postgres anew.

Thanks for your suggestions...

Rob

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster