Search Postgresql Archives

Re: psql Segmentation fault

Robert Landrum <rlandrum@xxxxxxx> writes:
> Since we converted to PG8, we've been experiencing segfaults when the
> psql client exits.

Hmm.  We have heard that reported on OS X because of a bug in Apple's
version of libedit, but not on any flavor of Linux.  Your tests seem
to eliminate libreadline as the cause anyway.  Might be a corrupt
copy of libpq --- have you tried reinstalling that?

> That's what happens every time.  No core file is produced.

That's normal on Linuxen, because "ulimit -c 0" is usually the default
setting.  Please try "ulimit -c unlimited", and then if you get a core,
send a backtrace.  The last few lines of an "strace" watching the psql
run might be useful as well.

			regards, tom lane

               http://archives.postgresql.org/