Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Please change default characterset for database cluster

Hi,

Get a VPS - Virtual Private Server. Mine is 29$ and it is fine for 480MB
RAM and enough disk space.  I am a full admin on my server, so I install
and configure Postgresql without problem.

YES! I agree that the default encoding must be UTF-8. I started using
Postgresql, cause I had problems with encodings in Mysql! :)

p.s. I had problems indeed. On my VPS I am unable to change the language
for non-unicode programs, so it is left to English United States, which
bothers Postgresql with my database encoding WIN, but that is another story.