Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Is this good spec for a PostgreSQL server?

Bjørn T Johansen <btj@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> It's a Dell server with the following spec:
>
> PE2950 Quad-Core Xeon E5335 2.0GHz, dual
> 4GB 667MHz memory
> 3 x 73GB SAS 15000 rpm disk
> PERC 5/I Integrated controller card (8 ports, 256MB cache, battery backup) x 6 backplane
>
> Is this ok to run PostgreSQL 8.2.x and Tomcat on? And does anyone know if this PERC controller is supported under
> Linux (not heard of it before...)

PERC is Dell's name from whatever RAID OEM flavour of the week they're buying.

I think the PERC 5 is going to want the megaraid driver which is in the stock
kernel tree but may or may not be compiled in your binary kernel distribution
packages.

--
  Gregory Stark

       match