Search Postgresql Archives

Re: log_statement and PREPARE

Tom Lane wrote:
brian <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

That was understood. What i meant is that the only time i see anything *related to* the prepared statement i think should be there is when the EXECUTE fails for some reason because the context of the error is logged. That particular EXECUTE was preceeded by a PREPARE that was not logged. It was my understanding that the PREPARE would be logged.

[ squint... ]  It got logged when I tried it.  But I was testing 8.1
branch tip (or close to it -- post-8.1.9 for sure).  I think you said
you were on 8.1.2?  There could well have been some related bug fixes
in that branch, but I'm too lazy to check the release notes right now.

In any case, i'll upgrade soonest. I keep reading here about all the 8.2 goodness.

If you can update to 8.2 without too much pain, I'd sure recommend that.
But if you run into compatibility problems, it seems that 8.1.9 might
perhaps help too.

I'm with 8.1.4 now. No big deal, though; this was all because i was trying to debug something and wanted to see the PREPARE come in for a bit. But i've already resolved the initial bug in my app. I was just wondering if i was reading the docs correctly. I'll upgrade.

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster