Search Postgresql Archives

Re: FATAL: could not reattach to shared memory (Win32)

Trevor Talbot escribió:
The environment is consistent then.  Whatever is going on, when
postgres first starts things are normal, something just changes later
and the change is temporary.  As vague guides, I would look at some
kind of global resource usage/tracking, and scheduled tasks.  Do you
see any patterns about WHEN this happens?  During high load periods?
Any antivirus or other security type tasks running on the machine?
Any third-party VPN type software?  Fast User Switching or Remote
Desktop use?
I have spent a lot of time looking for patterns on system logs, apache logs, postgres logs, etc...
I have not found any clue conclusive.

Only I can say I have this kind of errors on postgreSQL-Logs:
'2007-08-21 15:19:21 ERROR: could not open relation 16692/16694/17295: Invalid argument' And next log line/s are the statement-X. But Statement-X runs ok and give me right results when I copy+paste on any sql editor connected to that DB.

That errors are not 'linked on time' with FATAL errors we are speaking about on this thread.

I am trying to get the opportunity to migrate that DB to another server and use that server to test anything we want, but the customer is reluctant to let me that server to try-test-errors process because that is their mail and web server too. :-(

In spite of that server is remote far away from my location I have a console (UltraVNC) to it if you need something to looking for.

Greetings.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend