Search Postgresql Archives

Re: FATAL: could not reattach to shared memory (Win32)

Tom Lane escribió:
I'm not sure if you have a specific technical meaning of "clone" in mind
here, but these processes are all executing the identical executable,
and taking care to map the shmem early in execution *before* they load
any DLLs.  So it should work.  Apparently, it *does* work for awhile for
the OP, and then stops working, which is even odder.

Yes, the windows system log (application log section) doesn't show any error in several days. Suddenly errors bring back to life and syslog errors repeats every few time. But again errors disappears and return in a few hours. After few hours the system goes out.

Curiosity:
======
On the log lines I have and I sent to the list: * FATAL: could not reattach to shared memory (key=5432001, addr=01D80000): Invalid argument , this one: "addr=01D80000" is always the same in spite of the system have been shutting down and restarted or the error was out for a days.

Greetings.

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq