Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Take your postgresSql on the road, and live to tell of it.

At 2:15 PM -0700 8/7/07, Ben wrote:
How many users do you have? Have you considered giving each user a schema in which to make their changes? It sounds like you don't really have a multi-master replication issue, which makes things easier.

Maybe I'm not understanding the strategy, but I don't see what this buys me, as I have to end up with a single database schema that has incorporated all the changes. If I can "record" all the SQL a user does from the checkpoint on, then I can "psql <" it in to the main database. Once I've combined their data into the database that sits on the server, I don't need their database copies anymore.

-Owen

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq