Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Image Archiving with postgres

On 28/06/2007 00:58, Eddy D. Sanchez wrote:

I want to scan a large quantity of books and documents and store these like images, I want use postgres, anyone have experience with this kind of systems, can you suggest me an opensource solution ??

There have been several lively discussions on this list in the last eighteen months or so about storing binary files in a database vs storing them in the filesystem - you may find it useful to have a look through the archives.

Ray.

rod@xxxxxx