Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Error Message accessing configuration file

"Brian J. Erickson" <ericksbr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I get the following message in the "pgstartup.log":
> postmaster cannot access the server configuration file
> "/database/postgresql.conf": Permission denied

Are you trying to change the standard config file location on a
Red Hat or Fedora system?  If so you're likely to run into
SELinux restrictions on where the postmaster daemon can touch
the filesystem.  You'd need to modify the SELinux policy (or
turn off SELinux but I don't really recommend that) to use a
nonstandard config file together with the standard postgres package.

			regards, tom lane