Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PG Books

Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
Paul Lambert a écrit :
I've come across a couple of books on PG that appear interesting and was wondering if others have read them and what their thoughts are. (Excuse me if this topic has already been covered previously)

Practical PostgreSQL - Command Prompt
PostgreSQL - Bruce Momjian

[...] Can anyone who has read the books let me know if you have found them to be valuable reference tools for someone who is relatively novice at PG (but not at databases in general) - Note: Praise from the books authors will be considered marginally bias and therefore untrustworthy :)

I've read both of them and found them really interesting 3 or 4 years ago. Sadly, they are quite old ("PostgreSQL: Introduction and Concepts" published in 2000, 2002 for "Practical PostgreSQL"). You may better look at this list :
  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/books/

"Beginning Databases with PostgreSQL" is a really good intro.

Regards.

Ahh, thanks for that link, I'll check them out :)

--
Paul Lambert
Technical Support Team Leader and Database Administrator