Search Postgresql Archives

Re: php professional

At 02:16 AM 2/23/2007, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
We do not compete with MySQL.

Does MySQL have the mindshare of the ignorant? Yes.
Does MySQL have the mindhare of the knowledgeable? No.

Our mindshare is *huge* with the knowledgeable.

I will take mindshare with the knowledgeable over the ignorant, every
second of the day. They pay better.

The ignorant outnumber the knowledgeable by magnitudes. Lots of ignorant people paying small sums of money add up to quite a lot (politicians exploit that regularly).

Also those expensive consultants find it much easier to get lots of money from ignorant people on a regular basis :).

But if you're the sort who actually cares, it's easier to sleep at night the postgresql way ;).

Regards,
Link.