Search Postgresql Archives

Re: getting postgres to emulate mysql/sqlserver bit datatype

On 12/02/07, Anton Melser <melser.anton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think actually what he needs is what Peter suggested upthread, namely
> to weaken the context-restriction on the int-to-bool cast.

Indeed... Peter's suggestion seems to have solved all my problems. So
even though it probably shows just how embarrassingly bad my sql is...

I spoke too soon!

select executor_id, is_dedicated, is_connected, ping_time, host, port,
usr_name,
cpu_max, cpu_usage, cpu_avail, cpu_totalusage, mem_max, disk_max,
num_cpus, os, arch
from executor where  is_dedicated = 1 and  is_connected = 1

ERROR: operator is not unique: boolean = integer
État SQL :42725
Astuce : Could not choose a best candidate operator. You may need to
add explicit type casts.
Caractère : 201

I get this whether castcontext is 'a' or 'i'. I am so close to having
this fixed!!! Any ideas most welcome...
Cheers
Anton