Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Database corruption.

Zeroing out the whole block containing it is the usual recipe.  I forget
the exact command but if you trawl the archives for mention of "dd" and
"/dev/zero" you'll probably find it.  Keep in mind you want to stop the
postmaster first, to ensure it doesn't have a copy of the bad block
cached in memory.

			regards, tom lane
You're suggesting to zero out the block in the underlying table files, or creating the missing pg_clog file and start filling with zero's? I just want to clarify, b/c all references I've read so far dealing with this error talk about zapping the pg_clog file?

Would it be safer to just find the row(s) that are having problems, create the missing clog file to get past the error, then delete these rows from the db?