Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Database corruption.

Tom Lane wrote:
Michael Guerin <guerin@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Hmm, that makes it sound like a plain old data-corruption problem, ie,
trashed xmin or xmax in some tuple header.  Can you do a "select
count(*)" from this table without getting the error?

no,  select count(*) fails around 25 millions rows.

OK, so you should be able to narrow down the corrupted row(s) and zero
them out, which'll at least let you get back the rest of the table.
See past archives for the standard divide-and-conquer approach to this.

			regards, tom lane
Ok, so I'm trying to track down the rows now (big table slow queries :( ) How does one zero out a corrupt row, plain delete? I see references for creating the missing pg_clog file but I don't believe that's what you're suggesting..

-michael