Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to allow users to log on only from my application not from pgadmin

But you don't have to turn it on by default for any particular database, and you could sign any application you want for your individual server.

Paul Lambert wrote:
Mark Walker wrote:
One other thing. Another approach to this problem would be to have some sort of code signing/authentication capabilities for the postgresql server. For instance, you login as an administrator (some sort of enhanced privs), you get to look at the databases you have permission for. Otherwise, postgresql has to recognize the application. Has this ever been discussed?

I don't think it would be feasible for any RDBMS to recognise the connecting application, certainly in my view the effort it would take to alter the postmaster/odbc driver and others would be a lot more than the apparent gain from having that functionality.