Search Postgresql Archives

tsearch2, locale, UTF-8 and Windows

Over the past few days, I have been reading everything I could about tsearch2, but I cannot figure out what the latest status is concerning the "default locale" on a Windows UTF-8 database under PostgreSQL 8.2.

More specifically, I have a UTF-8 database containing information in five different European languages (English, French, Spanish, German and Italian).  I am coding on a Windows system with locale French_Canada.1252.  The server that will soon run the database will likely have locale en_US...  I am at a loss concerning the locale with which I should initdb on my system!!!

What am I getting myself into?  A lot of what I read on this matter was pretty bleak;  has version 8.2 cleared all that?  What is the latest word on this?