Search Postgresql Archives

Re: "no unpinned buffers available" ? why? (hstore and

hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
On 1/3/07, Richard Huxton <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> On 1/3/07, Richard Huxton <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> If you do that separately at the start of the process, (one query per
>> custom column in the old table) then it becomes straightforward.
>>

> no, because meaning of "col1" in advert_custom_fields is different for
each
> record.
> for one record it's codename might be "email" for another record it
> might be
> "engine size".
And is that not what's stored in "v_category_custom_fields"? So you can
do the transformation and get (advert_id=1, codename='col1',
value='vvv') then use v_category_custom_fields to update the 'col1' part.

this information is stored there, yet i have no clue on how you would like
to make it with standard sql statements? for every "advert" there are about
20-30 "custom fields" (in one record in advert_custom_fields). to do it your
way i would need to make approximatelly 30 (numer of custom field) times
300000 (number of adverts) queries. that would be way slower and definitelly
not automatic.

Show me the table definitions and some sample data and I'll see if the SQL is do-able.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd