Search Postgresql Archives

Re: "no unpinned buffers available" ? why? (hstore and

hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
But, it looks to me like you might be able to replace the plperl
function by just a straight query. That should be faster too.

really? i was thinking really hard on how to do it in sql, but didn't found
any way to achieve it. actually - i dont really think it would be possible
at all in standard sql. but then - maybe i'm wrong.

Well, it looks to me like the main problem is you're trying to convert a table like: (advert_id, cust1, cust2, cust3) to: (advert_id, codename, codevalue). If you do that separately at the start of the process, (one query per custom column in the old table) then it becomes straightforward.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd