Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Need help on "org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL:

Please cc: the mailing list - that lets everybody help.

Wong Jowo wrote:
The postgres error message is the same :
FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command

But in log I saw that ther is on kind of error that  happened before the
"FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command", it's :
"FATAL:  sorry, too many clients already".

Don't assume they're linked. If you've got lots of connections active then the oom-killer might be acting too.

I'm using the default postgres configuration on postgresql.conf.

So, what should I do ?

Well, you're running connection pooling, so it's odd that you're running out of connections, but you can alter that setting in postgresql.conf - max_connections should default to 100.

You certainly want to adjust your memory usage etc. in postgresql.conf too. This link is a good place to start
  http://www.powerpostgresql.com/PerfList

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd