Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Let's play bash the search engine

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

Matthew O'Connor wrote:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
But seriously, I'm definitly interested in ways it can be improved - and
that's true of the whole web team, I'm sure. It was just my way of
saying "it will take a while", but I'll file it away as a good thing to
do when there is a moment of spare time.

I like the way the php.net homepage has a search box on the homepage
with a dropdown next to it to specify what to search.

Yeah, that would be very appropriate, allowing you to search specific
version of the docs.  Heck, if it allowed searching of specific mail
lists, that would rock.

It should be pretty easy once documents has apropriate metadata.
Also, displaying current section in search box would be informative,
so when you're in current documentation, pull-down menu should display
<8.2 Documentation>.

	Regards,
		Oleg
Internet: oleg@xxxxxxxxxx, http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83