Re: WAL Archiving under Windows

Tim Tassonis wrote:
Hi Tom

Richard Huxton wrote:
Tim Tassonis wrote:
Hi Tom

Tom Lane wrote:
Tim Tassonis <timtas@xxxxxxxx> writes:
The strange thing is, even with loglevel debug5, I don't get any log message indicating that postgres is even trying to call the command.

Then it isn't, because there are definitely log messages, which were
specifically put there for the purpose of recording the fully-expanded
archive command string:

I must be, as I increased the debug level and that actually took place. I did get more log messages.

Is there anything else that could prevent the archiving from taking place, without giving any message?

Did you check Tom's suggestion that you haven't got a duplicate postgresql.conf somewhere?

As I said, other changes in the config file did have an effect, so that hardly can be the issue.

Could it be that for some reason the WAL backup config isn't being picked up? Stray non-printing character? Typo? Try "show all".

If that fails I'd think the quickest thing might be to initdb an alternative installation, run it on a different port with its own config file and push a load of rows through it. See if that picks up your WAL backup script. If it does, then it must be something with your config file. If not, then it's something in the code.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd