Search Postgresql Archives

postgresql books and convertion utilities

Hi,

I'm new to postgresql and I'm looking for references and books. We are usually coding in php/C.

Can somebody recommend me good books which covers Postgresql 8.x?

Which one is worth from following books?

1. PostgreSQL (2nd Edition) by Korry Douglas (Paperback - Jul 26, 2005)
2. Beginning Databases with PostgreSQL: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition (Beginning from Novice to Professional) by Neil Matthew and Richard Stones (Paperback - April 6, 2005) 3. Beginning PHP and PostgreSQL 8: From Novice to Professional by W. Jason Gilmore and Robert H. Treat (Paperback - Feb 27, 2006) 4. Beginning PHP and PostgreSQL E-Commerce: From Novice to Professional (Beginning, from Novice to Professional) by Emilian Balanescu, Mihai Bucica, and Cristian Darie (Paperback - Dec 25, 2006) 5. Beginning PostgreSQL 8 by Edward Lecky-Thompson and Clive Gardner (Paperback - Sep 25, 2006)

I'm thinking to buy books published in 2006, but maybe I'm wrong.
I appreciate if somebody can point me to the right direction.

Also I'm thinking to convert our mysql db and application to postgresql.
Is there any method to convert mysql db/app to postgresql, maybe at least DB (tables, indexes, queries)? Are there any tools that can convert php functions and database from mysql to postgresql?

thanks in advance,

Ganbold