Search Postgresql Archives

Re: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded

Tom Lane wrote:
Stefan Sassenberg <stefan.sassenberg@xxxxxx> writes:
de_DE@euro is ISO-8859-15, if that helps. I changed the locale to en_US.UTF-8 and LC_CTYPE in the environment is set to that value too. Nevertheless "show lc_ctype" says de_DE@euro, even after a postgresql restart. How can I change that?

initdb is the only way to change the database's LC_CTYPE or LC_COLLATE :-(

That's ok for now, I can do so [type type type].

Done. Fine, now my script runs perfectly. Thanks to all who answered.

In the initdb man pages I saw that I can set locale variables, so there's no need to switch my entire environment to a locale that I don't want. Is it a necessary restriction that the db encoding must match the lc_ctype? I can remember a case when I had two dbs with different encodings and this might happen again. Or is it a problem that I'm using a localized version of postgresql that uses special characters in the messages?

Stefan